This section on Asset Management covers the applications in the Maximo Assets module. You will find that it includes Service Addresses as these are closely related to Locations and Assets. You will also find with both Failure Codes and Failure Reporting and the topic on Asset Downtime that they are used in the Work Order Tracking application, and so I will cover them here rather than in Work Management.
Some aspects of the Locations and Assets application will be covered elsewhere, for example Safety. Linear and Calibration are also large enough subjects to warrant their own pages.
- Location Types and Location SystemsLearn that there are several location types, not just OPERATING, and an operating location can belong to multiple systems and can have multiple parents in a Network System.
- Service AddressesLearn about the Service Address application and how it can be applied to a location or asset, or how it can be inherited from the asset or location hierarchy. Learn about the Service Address Options found in the Organizations application.
- Meters, Meter Groups, and Condition MonitoringLearn about the meter types and how meters can be grouped including the calculation options for continuous meters. Learn about Condition Monitoring points and how they are connected to meters.
- Location and Asset MetersLearn how meters are applied to locations and assets. Learn about meter readings and the reset/replace options for continuous meters.
- Asset TemplatesLearn about Asset Templates and how they can be applied to assets or used to generate assets, including the generation of rotating assets.
- Rotating AssetsLearn what a rotating asset is and isn’t. Learn about the features of rotating assets, and how some of these features are also applicable to locations.
- Location and Asset SpecificationsLearn about Location and Asset Classifications and Specifications. Learn about the inheritance of Location and Asset Specification values from an Item Specification and how to control this.
- Asset Subassemblies and Spare PartsLearn about the differences between asset subassemblies and spare parts and how spare parts can be added automatically. Learn why you might use the Assets action Issue Items From Storeroom.
- Location and Asset AssociationsLearn about the various associations that can be made with Locations and Assets: Users and Custodians, Services, Inspection Forms, Work Zones, and Time Zones.
- Asset Moves and Asset SwapsLearn about how you can move and modify one or more assets, or how you can swap one asset with another including some limitations.
- Asset DowntimeLearn about changing the asset state, reporting downtime, or modifying downtime history. Learn about the differences with reporting downtime on a work order and some settings that effect this.
- Failure Codes and Failure ReportingLearn about Failure Codes and Failure Hierarchies and techniques for creating a hierarchy. Learn about Failure Reporting on a work order and settings that can affect this.
- Location and Asset StatusLearn that while locations and assets share a common set of values, how you might modify this. Learn the differences between changing status on locations and assets, and what happens to the asset status if it is moved between sites.
- Asset RelationshipsLearn about the Relationships application when not used in conjunction with linear assets. Learn how relationships can be added between an asset and another asset or a location.