- Labor Location – A type of location which can hold inventory and is one of the Transit Locations.
- Location – A physical place where assets exist and where work can be performed.
- Location Hierarchy – A location system where the operating locations are formed into a hierarchy.
- Location Network – A location system where the operating locations are formed into a network allowing multiple locations to have none, one or multiple parents.
- Location System – A Location System is a set of operating locations joined together to form a hierarchy or a network.
- Location Type – There are eight location types of which the most common one is an Operating Location.
- Operating Location – A location with a location type of OPERATING.
- Organization – A structural element of a Maximo database which is used for data sharing and is often aligned to a legal entity of an organisation.
- Primary Location Hierarchy – A hierarchy of Operating Locations that is the primary system used for drilldown purposes.
- Repair Location – A location with a location type of REPAIR.
- Salvage Location – A location of type SALVAGE that is used by assets that have reached their end of life.
- Site – A structural element of a Maximo database that is used for data separation.
- Transit Storeroom – A location that temporarily holds inventory that is “in transit”.
- Vendor Location – A location of type VENDOR that is used as an external repair workshop.