The Administration Work Center will be used mainly by the Maximo Administrators rather than the IBM Business Partners that help to implement Maximo. The left-hand navigation pane will grow as more functions are added to this Work Center.
The first button is the Service Request Configuration. This gives an administrator the tools to create the three levels of categories or issues which are used in the Service Request Tool, including the ability to add an image for the category. The Categories are based on Classifications and the lowest level can have an associated Ticket Template that is applied to the Service Request, populating some of the fields from the values entered on the Ticket Template.
The second button is for Integration. This has two or three tabs depending on which version you have access to:
- API Keys are used by an external client machine using a REST API to access Maximo data. As an administrator you base the API key on a Maximo user which determines the permissions accessible externally.
- A Message Template is used with outbound JSON messages. They work with and limit the attributes from an object structure contained in the message.
- Outbound Events (Available on Maximo EAM SaaS) allow Maximo to push messages to an external system through a REST API based on a create, update or delete event on the underlying object. This uses the Message Templates which are based on an Object Structure linked to one or more Maximo objects.
The Maximo EAM SaaS version has a third button for People. This allows the administrator to:
- Create a User record, which in turn creates a person record, and if required a labor record. You can add a photo for the person.
- Create a Craft record and add the user/labor to the craft.
- Create a Person Group record and to add the user/person to the person group. You can add a team photo.
- Add the user to one or more Security Groups, or to revoke those permissions.
The People part of the Administration Work Center has a functional footprint which is similar to the People, Labor, Users, Person Groups and Craft applications.