The Work Supervision Work Center is one of the largest. The dashboard shows sets of work orders by status where the user is the nominated supervisor; the work orders to be approved, those to be assigned, those in progress which the supervisor may want to monitor, and those completed work orders waiting to be closed.
The left-hand navigation pane has three or four icons depending on whether map functionality has been enabled on your Maximo system.
The Review Service Request button takes you to a page where the results can be filtered, the default is new service requests. You can navigate to the details page where the service request can be updated, comments entered, or photos or videos attached. There is a set of actions to edit the status or reject the service request, assign an owner or team (person group) and create a follow-up work order. The actions can be performed on multiple selected service requests.
The Work Progress button allows you to review and update the details of a work order. It opens on the Details tab where you can report downtime indicating that the asset is down, enter a failure report, navigate to the location and asset to review some of their details, see the service address, and review the location or asset meter readings. You can apply a job plan and set schedule or target dates and a duration. You can also add the work order to a parent work order or create one or more follow-up work orders.
The Details tab is followed by:
- Inspections Tab allows you to launch an Inspection Form linked to the work order or its tasks
- Plans Tab where you can add new tasks, labor or crews, items or materials, services and tools
- Assignments Tab lets you add labor or crew assignments
- Comments Tab lets you review the comments and add new ones selecting the comment type and whether it is viewable back on the originating service request
- Attachments Tab is used for adding photos and videos, or for downloading .PDF and other readable attachments to your device that had been previously linked to the work order or its associated records.
- Reported Work Tab allows you to review the labor or crew, item or material, service or tool actuals, but as a supervisor you can also add new time records and review/update the failure report.
In the bottom right of the Work Progress dashboard is a button to create a new work order and once saved you can then add a work plan and assignments, etc.
The Closed Work button lets you review closed or cancelled work orders.
The Map button will be visible if you are Maximo Utilities or Maximo Spatial client and have set-up maps using the Maximo Map Manager application.
The Maximo EAM SaaS version has provided several enhancements to the Work Supervision Work Center, the ability to reference multiple assets and locations on the work order, to classify the work order, enter premium pay codes on actual time records, and to provide better support for crews. The January 2020 release added more service address details and the ability to launch a web page (URL) attachment.